LIMITED SPOTS LEFT:
The Great World Race ™ has limited seats on the plane. There are approximately 10 spots left and that number will go down as more registrations come in. To ensure your spot on the trip register and transfer your deposit today.
*Must read and accept Terms & Conditions before completing the application form.
The entry fee per person is EUR 45K, which can be paid in three instalments of EUR 15k. The first instalment secures your place in the event, contingent on timely payment of the outstanding amounts. All payments are by bank wire transfer. Bank payment instructions will be provided after submission of the application form.
February 3: Arrive at Cape Town, South Africa
February 4: Race Director Briefing
February 5: Pre-Departure Preparations for Antarctica
February 6: Marathon, Novo (Antarctica)
February 7: Marathon, Cape Town (Africa)
February 8: Marathon, Perth (Australia)
February 9: Marathon, Istanbul (Asia)
February 10: Marathon, Istanbul (Europe)
February 11: Marathon, Cartagena (South America)
February 12: Marathon, Miami (North America)
*Please note that there is no guarantee the event can be operated to schedule. The event may have a delayed start due to adverse weather in Antarctica, for example. Competitors need to anticipate and accept the possibility of such delays or changes.
Included in the Entry Fee
- Round trip flights by Ilyushin jet from Cape Town to Antarctica to compete in the first marathon.
- Business charter flights from Cape Town to Perth to Istanbul to Cartagena to Miami to complete the remaining six marathons.
- Meals and drinks on charter flights.
- Trip cancellation insurance that reimburses your costs / entry fee if you need to cancel for unexpected reasons such as illness.
- Medical insurance for the entire trip, including emergency evacuation cover.
- All logistical costs such as transport to and from airports as well as shower and changing facilities at each location.
- Overnight accommodation in Istanbul where both the Asian and European marathons races are held on consecutive days.
- Entry to each of the seven marathons, which includes aid stations, medical support, and official timing as per any regular stand-alone marathon.
- Professional photos of each marathon race for personal use, including social media posts and local media.
- Medals for completing each of the marathons and an overall Great World Race medal upon successful completion of all 7 races.
- A digital certificate of completion of The Great World Race for successful participants.
- Branded t-shirts, singlets, bandanas, gymsacs and other Great World Race merchandise.
- Inclusion in the Global Marathon Club, which gives special recognition to athletes who complete marathons or half marathons on all 7 continents over a 7-day period.
Not Included in the Entry Fee
- Flights & travel costs from your home to Cape Town to begin the Challenge.
- Hotel costs in Cape Town before the flight to Antarctica to begin the Challenge.
- Flights & travel costs from Miami to your home at the conclusion of the Challenge.
- Meals / drinks outside of charter flights.
Rules & Regulations
- The marathons are operated in accordance with the accepted rules of road running.
- Individual results are posted for each marathon race in men’s and women’s categories.
- The man and woman with the fastest average marathon time over all 7 races will be declared the winners of The Great World Race.
- There will be a team competition in men’s and women’s categories in The Great World Race. The team with the fastest average marathon time for its top three finishers will be declared the winner in each category.
- Athletes on a team are automatically included in the individual competition.
- There is a time limit of 8 hours to complete each marathon.
- The time limit for each marathon may be changed at the discretion of the Event Director in accordance with overall logistical time pressures or lack thereof. The goal is to have everybody finish!
- There is a half marathon option of 21.1 km for those who prefer the shorter distance.
- An athlete can be pulled from a race on medical grounds and must obey the instructions of medical personnel.
- The Event Director’s decisions are final.
CANCELLATION & MEDICAL INSURANCE
Your entry fee includes trip cancellation insurance and medical insurance cover for the trip. If you have to cancel your participation in The Great World Race 2024 for a legitimate reason covered by the policy (e.g. illness), you will be reimbursed. If a participant withdraws because they have decided not to take part (i.e. for reasons not covered by insurance) the financial burden/responsibility is their own. Upon submission of this application form and your entry fee, your passport details will be obtained from event organisers and your personal insurance policy will be sent directly to you.
Ice Cap Adventures reserves the right to change the dates of The Great World Race 2024 if circumstances dictate for any reason. Participants must get flexible flights and accommodation when travelling to Cape Town and for their return home after Miami in case of delays or a date change. Ice Cape Adventures will not be liable for any additional costs incurred by competitors in preparing for the trip if a date change occurs.
It is incumbent upon participants to have a valid passport and any necessary visas / travel documents, if required, for all destinations on the trip. Ice Cap Adventures Ltd will assist in supplying a supporting letter for visas. Participants will also need to adhere to health vaccination policies for each destination, which may include vaccination certificates and / or PCR tests. *Please note there is no visa required for Antarctica.
The baggage allowance traveling to Antarctica is 25kg. The standard business class baggage allowance is 2 x 23kg. Participants will be able to store excess luggage in Cape Town when travelling to Antarctica.
USE OF IMAGE
I accept that I may be photographed, filmed, and/or interviewed during the Great World Race trip. I agree to allow my name, photo, video or film likeness to be used for any legitimate promotional or broadcast purposes by the event holders, producers, sponsors, organizers and assigns.
VOLUNTARY PARTICIPATION AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
I acknowledge that I have voluntarily applied to participate in the The Great World Race 2024 and that I have carefully read and understand the description, terms & conditions and recommendations of the event. I certify that I am in good health, have no underlying conditions that make it imprudent for me to take part, and that I will notify organisers if there is any change in this status.
I also understand that Ice Cap Adventures Ltd. works with Ultima Antarctic Expeditions, a specialist polar logistics company in the organization of the marathon in Antarctica. I may additionally be required to complete Ultima’s standard polar travel forms and agree to their conditions.
I understand that Antarctica is the most remote and one of the most inhospitable and undeveloped regions of the planet. Logistics problems are enormous, the weather ferocious and unpredictable. Delays of days or longer must be anticipated.
I understand that the risks of traveling and competing in Antarctica include, without limitation, extreme weather conditions that can change rapidly and without warning; that temperatures in February at Novo international runway can fall below -40 degrees Celsius, with wind chills even lower; that bad weather and aircraft malfunction could strand a trip for days; and that prolonged exposure to the Antarctic environment can cause loss of fingers, toes, and body parts due to frostbite, or loss of life due to hypothermia, dehydration and other means.
Furthermore, I understand that participating in physical activities such as running in Antarctica may, in a worst-case scenario, place me at risk of death from causes such as the frigid conditions. I fully understand that I am in a remote region devoid of many medical supplies and facilities, as well as rapid evacuation capabilities.
In consideration of being permitted to participate in this trip, I fully assume responsibility upon myself for such bodily, mental, and financial injuries caused by, but not limited to various surface transportation, accidents, aircraft malfunctions, hazards of traveling in the Antarctic environment, forces of nature, civil unrest, terrorism, and other perils. I freely assume these and all other risks inherent in this trip, in exchange for the thrill and adventure of traveling to Antarctica and elsewhere on the itinerary.
I understand that I will undoubtedly suffer from a combination of marathon fatigue, jet lag and sleep deprivation as the event progresses across the seven continents, all of which may have adverse consequences on my health. The impact of wide temperature fluctuations will also be a factor in impacting my health, with a possible variation of 50+ Degrees Celsius. I fully assume responsibility upon myself for these potential adverse health impacts as well as any bodily, mental, and financial injuries caused by, but not limited to various surface transportation, accidents, aircraft malfunctions, hazards of traveling, forces of nature, delays, civil unrest, terrorism, theft, and other perils.
In addition, I am aware that the exact marathon locations and dates may change from those currently outlined in the itinerary.
I understand The Great World Race 2024 is unique and without comparison to other logistical and physical challenges and there is a real risk the event may not conclude within seven days and will not hold the organizers responsible for same.
I hereby assume all risks, including those mentioned above, as a result of my decision to participate in The Great World Race 2024.
RELEASE FROM LIABILITY
In consideration of the services of Ice Cap Adventures Ltd, agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, sponsors, medical personnel and all other persons, or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf: I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge them, on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and estate as follows:
I release Ice Cape Adventures Ltd, Sligo, Ireland and all of its agents, representatives and other entities acting on their behalf from any and all liability, actions, causes of actions, suits, debts, and demands that I may have for bodily injury, death, or property damage, loss of income, delays and claims of every sort and nature whatsoever which may arise out of or in connection with my participation in The Great Word Race 2024.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
The validity, construction and performance of this Agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland. The parties hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Ireland as regards any claim, dispute, or matter arising out of, or in connection with this Agreement.
APPLICATION FORM FOR THE GREAT WORLD RACE 2024
QUESTIONS? MESSAGE US
1 ON 1 VIRTUAL CALL
Book a call with our team to discuss any questions or concerns pertaining to registering for The Great World Race.